How to fix the error 0x80040607 when sending mail with Outlook 2010
The most likely reason for receiving an error message containing the error code 0x80040607 when sending mails with Outlook 2010 is that you have not enabled SMTP authentication. The whole error message looks like this:
Send test e-mail message: An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80040607
To fix this you have to enable outgoing (SMTP) server authentication. Start your Outlook, click on the File menu, then on the Account Settings button. On the new window that opens select the account and click on the Change button. On the next window containing your account information click on the More Settings button. Then on the smaller window that opens click on the Outgoing Server tab and mark the checkbox for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. The button for Use same settings as my incoming server should be marked by default. Then click on OK and test your account again.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to fix the error 0x800CCC19 in Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail
- How to fix the error 0x800CCC1A in Outlook 2007
- How to fix the error: '503 STARTTLS command used when not advertised' (error number 0x800CCC65)
- How to fix the POP error 0x800CCC0F when receiving mail with Outlook 2002 and 2003
- How to fix the POP error 0x8004210A when receiving mail with Outlook