Information we collect
We may request and collect the following details to open an account, complete an order and provide a service:
- Your existing or desired domain name
- Your first and last name
- Your physical/postal address (country, state/region, city, zip code, address)
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your company name
- Your desired password (the password would neither be transmitted, nor kept in plain text)
We may request and collect the following details to answer an enquiry through our contact form:
- Your name
- Your email address
- The subject of your enquiry
- Your message/enquiry
We may collect standard web log data about your computer/device when you visit and browse our website. Such data may include operating system, IP address, browser user agent. This information is statistical and does not reveal any personal details, nor does it identify any individual. The information included in the web logs is used only for the purposes of system administration and statistical analysis.
We keep web log data for at least two years for archiving purposes. We do not share web log information with any third parties.
You may want to publicly share your opinion about our services via a testimonial. By submitting your testimonial, you explicitly agree and give your consent to have the information it contains (Name, Website, Testimonial) published on our website. We will show this information only on our Testimonials page and will use it only to show your level of satisfaction with our services. Your information will not be provided to third parties and will not be used in any marketing campaigns.
We may request and collect any additional information from you for other purposes such as to assist you with any website-related issues. For example, if you submit a support ticket and request assistance with your website, we may request that you provide us with the login credentials for its administrative area, so that we can investigate the problem and do our best to help you resolve it.
Information we share
We will not provide your personal information to untrusted third parties and will keep all your information confidential. More information about the cases when we may provide your personal information to third parties is available below:
- In order to process payments and deliver the services you request from us, we have to provide the necessary details to the third parties we work with. These third parties are our payment processors (Stripe, PayPal), our domain registrar (TuCows), our SSL vendor (AlphaSSL). These are trusted business affiliates who work together with us and are subject to strict terms and conditions regarding how they process personal data.
- If required by law, we will share information with law enforcement agencies in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities.
Neither we at HostKnox.com, nor any of our trusted partners will sell or provide personal data to untrusted/unaffiliated third parties. The data that we and our trusted partners collect and process is used only to deliver the services you request.
Data storage and retention
We process and keep account and order data in a secure environment with strictly controlled access. The information is kept for as long as the account and its corresponding services remain active. For accounting/billing and archiving purposes, we may keep data for inactive accounts for at least five years after their deactivation.
We do not store credit card information on our servers. The necessary payment transaction information goes through a payment processor (PayPal or Stripe) which processes the payment on our behalf.
We will keep a record of any correspondence you have with us (via email, contact form, support tickets). This data is kept indefinitely.
You have the right to access and update your personal information stored on our website at any time. We keep all personal details in a secure environment. Access to this data is available to you via your Client Area (which is accessible via a username/password combination).
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we store for you on our end at any time. To do this, you need to submit a support ticket via your Client Area.
You have the right to request that your account be deactivated at any time. You can do this via your Client Area.
Upon domain registration, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) requires that certain personal information be transferred to WHOIS (domain registration information) and made public. We cannot control how the WHOIS information is used by the public. The recommended legal way to make the WHOIS information private is by applying privacy protection to your domain.
Although we will do everything possible to protect your privacy, it is also your responsibility to maintain the privacy of your personal information. This includes the following highly-recommended actions:
- Maintaining high account security by using complex passwords.
- Using unique passwords for each service/website/account you have online.
- Keeping your computers/devices virus-free at all times.
- Keeping all software on your computers/devices and on your hosting account(s) updated and secured.
Last update: May 2018