How to enable exception printing in Magento
When Magento cannot work properly for some reason, it shows an error page like this:
There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number:Â 407574116375
In order to see the exact error, you need to go to the Magento installation folder > var > report > , and check the output. In the above case the file containing the error report would be var/report/407574116375. The error log record number is different every time the error page is shown.
If, however, you want to be able to see this output (called exception printing) directly in your browser, here's what you need to do:
1. Access your Magento installation folder via FTP or SSH and go to the errors folder.
2. Find the file called local.xml.sample and rename/copy it to local.xml.
Now if your Magento has any issues, the error output will be printed directly into the browser and you won't have to check the error log file every time.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to use phpMyAdmin to move products from one category to another in Magento
- How to check and change the database configuration settings in Magento
- How to create a subtheme in Magento
- How to add fields to the customer registration form in Magento
- How to change the product image placeholders in Magento