How to enable exception printing in Magento
When Magento cannot work properly for some reason, it shows an error page like this:
There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number:Â 407574116375
In order to see the exact error, you need to go to the Magento installation folder > var > report > , and check the output. In the above case the file containing the error report would be var/report/407574116375. The error log record number is different every time the error page is shown.
If, however, you want to be able to see this output (called exception printing) directly in your browser, here's what you need to do:
1. Access your Magento installation folder via FTP or SSH and go to the errors folder.
2. Find the file called local.xml.sample and rename/copy it to local.xml.
Now if your Magento has any issues, the error output will be printed directly into the browser and you won't have to check the error log file every time.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to fix the error 503: "Service Temporarily Unavailable" in Magento
- How to display product prices in the catalog with and without tax in Magento
- How to make optional the customer phone field in the admin panel of Magento
- How to remove the company field from the frontend customer account settings in Magento
- How to change and configure the store email addresses in Magento