How to speed up WordPress
Here are some tips on how to speed up your WordPress site:
- Install a caching plugin. Some of the best and most popular such plugins are W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache. Go to the plugins section of the WordPress official site or to the Plugins>Add New section of your Dashboard to find out more about them.
- Deactivate and delete any plugins that you don't really need.
- Limit the number of pictures, files and links on your site's front page. Consider using a theme which doesn't have many graphics.
- Optimize your WordPress database from time to time. You can do that from phpMyAdmin. Mark the tables and select Optimize table from the With selected drop-down menu.
For some more information on how to optimize your blog, check our WordPress Optimization Tutorial.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to change the site name in WordPress
- How to remove "Proudly powered by WordPress" from the footer in WordPress
- How to change the tagline "Just another WordPress site" in WordPress
- How to store your WordPress in a subfolder but make the site accessible from the root
- How to change the font family, size and color of post and page titles in WordPress