How to speed up phpBB3
Here are some tips on how to speed up and optimize your phpBB3 board:
- Upgrade your phpBB3 board whenever there's a new update.
- Install only MODs that you really need. Uninstall those that you don't need any more.
- Enable gzip compression.
- Disable the search function for guests.
- Reduce the maximum avatar file size or disable avatars altogether.
- Reduce the maximum file size of attachments. Set image attachments to be displayed as links.
- Prune old forums that you and your users don't need.
- Switch from CGI to FastCGI. You can do this from the Pixie control panel.
- Optimize the MySQL database used by phpBB3 regularly.
For some more details you can also check out the phpBB3 Optimization Tutorial.