How to turn on error reporting in PrestaShop
In PrestaShop you can enable debugging so that you can see error messages that will help you identify and solve any problems.
If, for example, your site is not loading properly, or there are some things that are not the way they are supposed to be, you can turn on error reporting to help you find the problem. You can do this by changing a couple of things in the code of the file config.inc.php. If, for instance, your PrestaShop is installed in a folder called prestashop in the root public_html directory of your PrestaShop hosting account, the path to the file would be public_html/prestashop/config/config.inc.php. You can modify the file from the Files section of the Pixie control panel.
Once you open the file, under Debug only you'll see the following code:@ini_set('display_errors', 'off'); define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);
All you have to do is to change off to on and false to true, so that it looks like this:@ini_set('display_errors', 'on'); define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);
With error reporting enabled, the error messages will be displayed when you visit your site.
You should enable this only when there are some problems. After everything is fixed turn it off.
Was this answer helpful?
- PrestaShop Installation Instructions
- How to add and edit countries in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to move the top search block within the header in PrestaShop
- How to import localization packs and configure the basic localization settings in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to manage the options for product preferences in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6