How to install PrestaShop 1.5-1.6 on your hosting account
In this article we'll briefly list the things that you have to do to install PrestaShop 1.5 and PrestaShop 1.6 on your hosting account. It's done in the same way for both versions
Free Script Installation from HostKnox- get a PrestaShop hosting plan and have our PrestaShop specialists take care of installing PrestaShop for you at no additional cost.
Here are the steps you have to take to install PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6:
- You need a database for the application. You can create a database and add a user(s) to it from the Databases section of the Pixie control panel.
- Download an installation pack for PrestaShop 1.5/1.6. You can find the latest version in the download section of the official PrestaShop site.
- Upload the PrestaShop installation pack to your hosting account. You can either unzip the installation pack on your local computer before uploading it and then upload it on your hosting account, or you can upload the archive on your account and then unzip it there. You can transfer files and folders from your local computer to your hosting account with an FTP client (e.g. FileZilla). You can unpack archives on your hosting account from the Files section of the Pixie control panel, or you can do it via SSH.
- To begin the actual installation process you have to open with a web-browser the URL of the unpacked PrestaShop installation package that's on your hosting account. For example, if you uploaded PrestaShop directly in the public_html directory (the root web-accessible directory) on your hosting account, then you have to open the URL yourdomain.com.
This will start the installation process. On the first page you can choose the language that will be used during the installation. Click on the Next button in the lower right corner to continue. On the following page just accept the license agreement and proceed to the next page. On the next page you have to specify in the respective fields a name for the store and provide information (e.g. name, email, password) for the admin user account that's to be created. The following page is for the database information. Set the option Database server address to localhost; type the fill name of the database that you created for the application in the Database name field. In the field for Database login type the username of a user that has access to the particular database and in the field for password type the password of that user. You can leave the default prefix. After you click on the Next button the application will be installed.
There are a couple of other things that you have to do after the application is installed:
- You have to remove the install folder from the root PrestaShop directory on your hosting account. If you don't do it you won't be able to access the admin panel.
- When you first open the URL of the admin panel (e.g. yourdomain.com/admin) PrestaShop automatically renames the admin folder by adding some number to the name (e.g. admin5924). You can check the new name in the root PrestaShop directory on your hosting account so that you know what URL you can use to access the admin panel (e.g. yourdomain.com/admin5924).
For some more details and screenshots you can also read the tutorial on how to install PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to download and manage delivery slips in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to make fields on the customer registration form in PrestaShop required
- How to manage your orders in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to add and manage customer accounts in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to manage the options for general preferences in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6