How to install extensions in Joomla 1.6
You can easily install any type of Joomla extensions - components, modules, plugins, templates and languages through the Joomla administration area > Extensions > Extension Manager.
There are three ways to install a Joomla extension through the Joomla Extension Manager:
- Upload Package File - if you have downloaded the extension archive to your computer, you can browse to it and then install it by clicking Upload & Install
- Install from Directory - to install an extension from a directory, you need to extract the extension's archive and then upload its contents to a new folder on your web hosting account; then type the absolute path to the new folderin the field and click Install
- Install from URL - to install an extension directly from a link on the web, simply type the link to the extension's file, e.g. http://domain.com/extension.tar.gz, and click Install
As part of the HostKnox Joomla hosting services, all HostKnox customers can request a free Joomla extension installation by posting a ticket through the HostKnox Support Portal.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to upgrade Joomla from 1.7 to 2.5 using the automatic updater
- How to migrate from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.7
- What are the different Joomla extension types
- How to fix the update error "Invalid extension update" in Joomla
- How to use the Joomla Media Manager and how to insert images and links in articles