How to disable the product comparison function in PrestaShop
PrestaShop offers customers the chance to compare different products. By default, on the frontend of the site there's a Compare button on each product category page. Depending on the particular theme, for each product there's either a checkbox or a button with which it can be selected for comparison. Customers only have to select the products and click on the Compare button. If you want to disable the compare function and delete the Compare button, you can very easily do it from the backend of your PrestaShop.
After you log in click on the Preferences tab and then on the Products sub-tab. On the page that opens find the option for product comparison. Depending on the PrestaShop version that you use it's labeled either Product comparison or Maximum number of items for comparison. By default, it's set to three. To disable the feature just change it to zero and click on the Save button at the bottom of the page. This will remove the Compare button from the frontend of the store and it will also remove the options for selecting products for comparison.
Was this answer helpful?
- How to add and manage image maps in PrestaShop 1.5-1.6
- How to install and enable languages in PrestaShop
- How to change the allowed file size of pictures uploaded by customers in PrestaShop
- How to optimize the performance of PrestaShop
- How to make optional or remove the phone fields from the customer account settings in PrestaShop