How to optimize the performance of PrestaShop
Here are some suggestions on how to speed up your PrestaShop:
- Update the application when there's a new stable release.
- Don't install too many third party modules and add-ons.
- Optimize the size of your images. Use image formats that are less demanding in terms of size (e.g. JPEG).
- Switch from CGI to FastCGI.
- Optimize the MySQL database used by your PrestaShop application.
- From the backend of your PrestaShop generate an .htaccess file with the Optimization option selected (Tools tab>Generators sub-tab).
- Make sure that the Smarty Force Compile option is disabled and the Smarty Cache option is enabled (backend>Preferences tab>Performance sub-tab).
- Enable the Combine, Compress and Cache options (backend>Preferences tab>Performance sub-tab). Leave disabled only the last option: High risk HTML compression.
- Enable the File System Cache (backend>Preferences tab>Performance sub-tab).
For some more details and screenshots check out the HostKnoxÂ PrestaShop Optimization Tutorial.